The Queen Standard
We are committed to the health and safety of each of our Queens, and more importantly, to our Queen community as a whole. We’ve made a few upgrades to allow our studio to operate in the safest way possible during this time. You can find the details of our new plan listed below—and know that as the situation evolves, we will continuously adapt and take the appropriate precautions to keep us dancing together safely!
You can always check back to this page for our most current updates; be sure to watch our New Safety Protocol Video at the bottom of the page!
New Safety Protocols
Cleaning & Sanitation
- The studio will be cleaned each day with medical-grade, EPA-approved disinfectants that kill 99.9% of germs and are effective against COVID-19.
- Disinfectant wipes that kill 99.9% of germs, including COVID-19, will be used to wipe down class equipment.
- Poles will be wiped down with 70% isopropyl alcohol, and each student will have their own bottle to use for class.
- Hand sanitizer stations with 75% alcohol solution have been placed at each entrance and exit as well as throughout the lobby and reception area.
- High-touch surfaces, such as door handles, light switches, sanitizer stations, and bathrooms, will be disinfected at regular intervals.
- Restrooms will be equipped with automatic soap dispensers as well as guidelines for proper hand washing.
- Dance floors will be mopped in between each class.
Modified Class Schedule
- Class start times will be staggered to allow for thorough cleaning in between classes. We will begin with a limited schedule and slowly transition to add more classes!
- For everyone’s safety, please keep six feet between others (no hugs, high fives, or touching).
- Instructors will not be spotting students or providing hands-on adjustments. Crash pads will be available for use, but please use your judgment before attempting new moves.
- Class sizes will be limited to ensure safe physical distancing at all times. Please adhere to floor markings and be mindful of other people’s space throughout class.
Advanced Class Reservation Required
As class sizes are limited, online reservations are required for all classes, and no drop-ins will be allowed at this time. **We will include our updated late cancellation policy and sign up window details soon!**
Current Late Cancellation Policy
In-studio class reservations cancelled within 6 hours of class starting time, or if member does not show up for class, will result in loss of class credit and will not be reimbursed. Members with late cancelled classes on unlimited memberships will be charged a $10 late cancel/no show fee to the card on file. If you have to cancel because you are sick, please notify us immediately, and we will return your credit/waive your fee—we just ask that you refrain from taking in-studio classes for three days to allow for proper rest and recovery before returning.
If classes require a yoga mat, strap, or knee pads, students should bring their own. Additional equipment, such as pole towels, dumbbells, and resistance bands, will be provided, but students may also bring their own.
New Client Appointments
To take a tour or learn more about our services, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 850-270-9247 (leave a message if we miss your call) to set up an appointment!
To minimize contact, members can check their Mindbody account to make sure their card on file is updated for a convenient transaction!
Retail products will be available, but we won’t be allowing try-ons. See staff to make a purchase!
Updated Waiver & Health Declaration
Students will be required to sign an updated waiver upon returning to the studio. Student understands that by entering the studio, they agree that they are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and have not come in contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms.
Staff members and students will have their temperatures taken via a touchless thermometer prior to entering the studio. Per CDC guidelines, individuals with a body temperature of 100.4°F will not be permitted to attend class. We recommend students take their temperature at home to avoid any inconvenience. If you are feeling unwell, please stay home. Any students appearing to be symptomatic will be asked to leave.
We ask students to please inform our staff if they test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of their last studio visit. If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at the studio, we will notify all potentially exposed individuals via email. From there, we will take the necessary safety precautions to disinfect the studio.
Face Covering Required
Cloth face coverings are required to be worn properly, covering the mouth and the nose fully, both by staff and by students attending class. Please monitor your energy expenditure throughout the class, and if you need to take a breather, you may step outside or into the lobby. Extra masks will be available for $2. Click here to learn more about our reasoning behind this decision.
In-studio Class Procedures
Class Entrance & Exit
- The studio will be utilizing separate entrances and exits for each room.
- Queens taking classes in the pole room should enter the studio from the pole room door on the far right of the building (directly above the barbershop) and should exit the pole room through the back door (on the side of the building).
- Queens taking classes in the dance fitness room will use the main entrance/dance fitness door and exit out of the side door in the dance fitness room.
- Staff will prop the door open 10-15 minutes before class time. Please wait in your car or outside until the door is opened. After temperature check, please head to the farthest available space in the room and keep your belongings in your space.
- Please exit promptly once class is dismissed.
Shoes Off & Sanitize Hands
- Sanitize/wash hands upon entering the studio space. Sanitizers are located by each entrance/exit and in the lounge.
- Please remove shoes prior to entering the pole room.
- Please remove shoes before entering the double doors of the dance fitness room.
No Late Entry
Late entries will not be permitted. Once the studio door closes and class starts, we won’t be able to let anyone in. We recommend arriving 15 minutes before class time to avoid any inconvenience.
Arrive “Class Ready”
Please arrive dressed appropriately for the class you are attending (athletic wear/polewear with cover up) with your water bottle filled, ready to walk into class! We also ask that you limit the number of belongings you bring inside. During class, your bag can be placed alongside the wall nearest to you.
We’ve put a great amount of work into preparing our space for your return, and we will need each of our Queens’ participation to help ensure our safety process is as effective as it can be. We understand that these adjustments may seem overwhelming at first, but trust us—once you’re back in class and feelin’ the music with your favorite pair of heels on, you’ll be back in your happy place!
And if you’re not quite ready to come back to the studio, that’s okay; we’ll be continuing our live stream classes for you to enjoy from the comfort of your own home. If you have any questions, feel free to send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to the Queendom!