WHAT DO I WEAR OR BRING TO CLASS?
- Work It Out Classes: Please wear comfortable workout clothing and tennis shoes. Shorts must be full coverage in the group fitness room. Some classes are barefoot. Please bring a water bottle, a towel if you glisten, and a yoga mat for any classes marked with an asterisk in their description!
- Pole Classes: Please wear spandex shorts (regular workout shorts will work for beginner levels), a tank top, a sports bra, and bare feet. We also have a selection of specific pole brand clothing available for purchase at the studio. As class levels advance and tricks become more difficult, more skin exposure is recommended in order to grip the pole. Undergarments are NOT acceptable as workout gear. Sweatpants, jackets, knee pads, and leg warmers/socks are recommended for warming up and for floorwork (also available at the studio). DO NOT WEAR LOTION, OILS, OR JEWELRY! Slippery skin can make moves more difficult and increase risk of injury. Pole towels are provided. Don’t forget a water bottle!
IS THERE AN APP TO SIGN UP FOR CLASSES?
Yes! Download the MindBody Connect app and find Queen of Hearts Fitness. From here, you can easily sign up for classes. If you’re having troubles logging on, please make sure you have logged in on a computer first to agree to any terms. Please note that the app is for your convenience, but the most accurate schedule will always be viewed from the MindBody web page.
WHEN DOES CLASS SIGN UP OPEN AND CLOSE?
Class sign up opens 10 days before the class date. Daytime group fitness class sign ups close 12 hours before class start time. Evening class sign ups close 3 hours before class start time. If 0 people are signed up 3 hours before class start time, the class is cancelled. You can call the front desk during our hours of operation to check on the status of a class cancellation.
DO I HAVE TO SIGN UP OR CAN I JUST DROP IN FOR A CLASS?
We recommend reserving your spot ahead of time as pole classes tend to fill up quickly, and classes may be cancelled if 0 people are signed up at 3 hours prior to the class start time; but yes, you can drop in on classes that still have spaces available! Please arrive 15 minutes early to take care of any paperwork/payment.
CAN I PURCHASE A DROP-IN CLASS FOR MY FRIEND?
Yes! Click here to view our schedule, then click “Sign Up Now” next to the class you want to reserve a space in. You can choose to make the reservation for “Someone Else” and type their first and last name in the box. If it is you or your friend’s first time, please arrive 15 minutes early!
WHY WON’T IT LET ME SIGN UP FOR CLASS?
- IF YOU CAN’T SIGN UP FOR GROUP FITNESS CLASSES: Sign up closes for evening classes 3 hours prior to class starting time and 12 hours prior to daytime class starting times. Classes may be cancelled when there are 0 students signed up at the close window.
- IF YOU CAN’T SIGN UP FOR POLE LEVELS: Pole classes require prerequisites to sign up for the levels. If it is your first time taking pole, you can sign up for Intro to Pole. Once that feels comfortable or if you’ve graduated into the next level, please ask a staff member to approve you account for the next level! If you have previous pole experience, please contact us to figure out the appropriate level at our studio for you!
- IF YOU HAVE THE NEW CLIENT SPECIAL AND CAN’T SIGN UP: The very first class you make a reservation for on the New Client Special is registered as the first day of your 30 days. If you signed up for a class that is 5 days away, it will not let you sign up for a class before that class. You must first remove any future reservations in order to start the membership on an earlier date.
DO I HAVE TO BE STRONG/ATHLETIC OR HAVE EXPERIENCE TO TRY A CLASS?
Absolutely NOT! Our group fitness classes are beginner friendly, and our instructors will provide modifications throughout the class. Always remember to listen to you body!
For pole classes, our Intro to Pole class is designed specifically for beginners with no experience! Pole is an activity that anyone can try, and students will advance only when they feel comfortable! Click here to learn more about our pole program.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE SLIPPERY HANDS IN A POLE CLASS?
Many students experience sweaty hands when learning pole due to nerves, excitement, or exertion. As you continue practicing, you will build the strength in your hands needed for gripping the pole. We also provide a selection of grip aids available for purchase at the front desk. If your skin is dry, a tacky or moisturizing grip will work better (Dew Point), but if you have sweaty hands, an antiperspirant will help tremendously (Tite Grip/Dry Hands)!
WHAT KIND OF POLES DOES THE STUDIO USE?
We use 12 foot, 45mm stainless steel poles with both spin and static.