If you can’t find an answer on our FAQs page, send us an email to email@example.com or give us a call at 850-270- 9347, and we’ll be happy to help answer your questions!
WHAT DO I WEAR OR BRING TO CLASS?
- Dance Fitness Room Classes: For classes in the dance fitness room, activewear such as tennis shoes, sports bras, workout pants, and full coverage shorts (covers to the butt crease) are acceptable. Some classes are barefoot. Please bring a water bottle, a towel if you glisten, and a yoga mat (for specific classes such as Fit and Flexy and Booty Ballet)! For Chair Dance and Floor and Flow, knee pads are highly recommended to protect your joints. Pole heels are common, but not required, and socks are an alternative to the heels. Pants work best for gliding around the floor, but full coverage shorts will usually work too!
- Pole Room Classes: For pole classes, a tank top, sports bra, shorts, and bare feet are all you need! Spandex shorts work best, but any shorts will work for beginner levels. Pants are not recommended for pole as skin exposure is needed to grip the pole, but you can wear them if necessary (just know that some moves may be limited!).
- Our retail boutique also offers a selection of specific pole brand clothing. As class levels advance and tricks become more difficult, more skin exposure is recommended in order to grip the pole. Polewear is acceptable for pole classes.
- No undergarments, nudity, thongs, or g-strings.
- Sweatpants, jackets, knee pads (highly recommended to protect your joints!), and leg warmers/socks are recommended for warming up and/or for floorwork (also available at the studio).
- DO NOT WEAR LOTION, OILS, OR JEWELRY! Slippery skin can make moves more difficult and increase risk of injury.
- Pole towels and are provided, but you’re welcome to bring your own. Don’t forget a water bottle!
- Pole grip – Please see FAQ regarding “slippery hands” for questions about grip aids!
- PS – FREAKIN’ WEEKENDS!
- We know sometimes it’s hard to be “feelin’ yourself” these days, so we’re encouraging our Queens to dress up in their favorite Flirty Friday and Sexy Saturday outfits for any Dance It Out class on the weekends!
- Have some new cheeky pole shorts you’ve been wanting to try out, or a pair of fishnets or pole heels you never get to wear? Now’s the perfect time to give them a go in Floor and Flow and Chair Dance! Share your sexy with us on IG @queenofheartsfitness and hashtag #freakinweekends
- Stay tuned for themed weekends!
IS THERE AN APP TO SIGN UP FOR CLASSES?
Yes! Download the MindBody Connect app and find Queen of Hearts Fitness. From here, you can easily sign up for classes. Your welcome email should also include a link to create an account. Please use the email already associated with your MindBody account! If you’re having troubles logging on, please make sure you have logged in on a computer first to agree to any terms. Please note that the app is for your convenience, but the most accurate schedule will always be viewed from the MindBody web page.
WHEN DOES CLASS SIGN UP OPEN AND CLOSE?
In-studio class sign up opens 7 days before the class date and closes 3 hours before class start time. If 0 people are signed up 3 hours before class start time, the class is cancelled. You can call the front desk during our hours of operation to check on the status of a class cancellation or to be added to a class after the 3 hour window. Live stream class sign up closes 1 hour before class starting time.
WHY WON’T IT LET ME SIGN UP FOR CLASS?
- CLOSED CLASS SIGN UP: Sign up closes for in-studio classes 3 hours prior to class starting time. If you would like to be added to a class within 3 hours starting time, feel free to contact us, and we’ll check if there’s a space open!
- CAN’T SIGN UP FOR POLE SERIES CLASSES: Pole series classes require prerequisites to register. If it is your first time taking pole, you can begin your journey with our New Client Intro Program! If you have previous pole experience, please contact us to figure out the appropriate classes at our studio for you!
- CAN’T REGISTER ON APP: Double check that your Mindbody app account uses the SAME email that you used to register with us. If not, please contact us so we can sync them!
- NEW CLIENT INTRO PROGRAM: You will be able to sign up for classes after the first day of your Intro Program! If you are unable to sign up for a class after the first day, check the date of the class you are trying to sign up for. If you have already registered for a class dated after the class you are currently trying to register for, cancel the future reservation and try again. (MindBody counts the first class you register for as the beginning of your classes).
- AUTOPAY MEMBERS: If MindBody is asking you to purchase a drop-in when you try to register for class, check the date of your next autopay. If the class date is beyond the autopay date, you will be able to sign up after the autopay goes through. If you need help getting in a specific class before then, feel free to contact us! You can also use a pre-reserved class to hold a continuous reservation regardless of your autopay date!
HOW CAN I UPDATE MY PRE-RESERVED CLASSES?
AUTOPAY MEMBERS: First, please log into your MindBody account and cancel all future class reservations for the class you would like to be removed from. Once this is completed, send us an email with the new class you would like to pre-reserved for! (You may want to double check with us for availability before making any changes.)
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO CALL IF I HAVE A QUESTION?
Since we are in and out of the office teaching classes, cleaning, or working with clients, the best way to reach us is by leaving a voicemail at 850-270-9347 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
DO I HAVE TO BE STRONG/ATHLETIC OR HAVE EXPERIENCE TO TRY A CLASS?
Absolutely NOT! Our small group classes are beginner friendly, and our instructors will provide modifications throughout the class. Always remember to listen to you body!
We highly recommend that all new clients begin with our New Client Intro Program! Pole is an activity that anyone can try, and students will advance only when they feel comfortable! Click here to learn more about our pole program.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE SLIPPERY HANDS IN A POLE CLASS?
Many students experience sweaty hands when learning pole due to nerves, excitement, or exertion. As you continue practicing, you will build the strength in your hands needed for gripping the pole. We also provide a selection of grip aids available for purchase at the front desk. If your skin is dry, a tacky or moisturizing grip will work better (Dew Point), but if you have sweaty hands, an antiperspirant will help tremendously (Tite Grip/Dry Hands)!
WHY DO I HAVE BRUISES FROM POLE?
Bruises are completely normal when learning new pole tricks! With time, your body gets used to these moves, but until then, embrace your newfound pole kisses! You can also try arnica gel to reduce discoloration and swelling.
HOW CAN I BECOME STRONGER AND MORE FLEXIBLE IN MY POLE PRACTICE?
Taking our other classes can help improve flexibility and build the strength to help you with your pole skills! Learn more about our Work It Out classes
- Want to improve flexibility? Try out Fit & Flexy!
- Want to build strength? Try out Total Body and Booty Ballet!
- Want to improve the grace and flow of your dance skills? Try our Floor and Flow, Chair Dance, and Pole Choreo!
- Want to increase your endurance to make it through a routine? Try out Werk & Twerk, Booty Ballet, and any Dance It Out class!
WHAT KIND OF POLES DOES THE STUDIO USE?
We use 12 foot, 45mm stainless steel poles with both spin and static.
DO I HAVE TO SIGN UP OR CAN I JUST DROP IN FOR A CLASS?
Currently, all classes require advanced registration. Please contact us if you would like to schedule a tour!
CAN I PURCHASE A DROP-IN CLASS FOR MY FRIEND?
Yes! Click here to view our schedule, then click “Sign Up Now” next to the class you want to reserve a space in. You can choose to make the reservation for “Someone Else” and type their first and last name in the box. If it is you or your friend’s first time, please arrive 10 minutes early!